FUQUAY-VARINA GARDEN CLUB SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club offers this scholarship to provide funds for a graduating high school senior to pursue higher education in a field related to Garden Club goals:
Landscape / Design Food Science
Botany or Plant Pathology Resource & Development
Environmental Fields Floriculture
Forestry or Naturalist Parks & Recreation
2017-2018 Scholarship Award: TBA- please help us promote our upcoming September 30, October 1st Garden Tour. Its success will determine the scholarship award amount. Last year's awards were $1500.
Payment of Scholarship:
The club treasurer will pay the awarded scholarship into the student account as provided at the appropriate institution.
The senior must provide an admittance letter from an institution of higher education with the Scholarship Award Application
- Complete the application by the Deadline of April 18, 2018
- Type or print the application in black ink
- List of any extracurricular activities, honors, and community activities
- Student essay or letter stating interest of field, experiences, projects, etc.
- Proof of acceptance into an institution of higher education
- Letters of Recommendation submitted by the Deadline of April 18, 2018
- Completed & submitted by a school personnel
- Completed & submitted by a non-school personnel
- All applicants will receive award notification by May 1, 2018
Return the entire application to the Guidance Office by April 18, 2018