The mission of the Fuquay-Varina Garden Club is to encourage interest in the art of gardening, garden design, flower arranging and horticulture while improving the environment through beautification, protection and conservation.
Thanks to the efforts of Fuquay native and community champion, Shirley Simmons, the Fuquay-Varina Garden Club was re-established in the year 2007. Shirley placed a classified ad in the local newspaper asking those interested in forming a garden club to give her a call. Over 30 area residents responded and the new Garden Club’s first meeting was held in April, nearly fourteen years after the original Fuquay Garden Club disbanded.
The members of The F-V Garden Club invite you to be apart of this organization where we learn from each other, guest speakers, attend field trips and conferences, and support our community. Experience is not necessary and your first two meetings are free!
We meet the 3rd Thursday each month at the F-V Woman's Club Clubhouse, 602 N. Ennis St. Join us at 7:00 PM for refreshments & a featured guest speaker. Email GardenClubContact@gmail.com for more information.Note: Meetings are held from August - May.
* National Garden Clubs, Inc.
*The Garden Club of North Carolina, District 10
* Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce
Projects & Awards
- Fuquay-Varina Historical Downtown Beautification - The organization maintains colorful planters in the downtown areas
- Litter Sweep - Club members volunteer twice a year to perform a litter sweep on the club’s adopted roadway
- Fuquay-Varina School Courtyards Garden Enhancement
- Partnerships with other area non-profits:
*Meals on Wheels poinsettia donations (a collaborative effort with the FV Walmart)
*Care packages were assembled and shipped overseas to local men and women serving in the military
*Canned food drive for the Fuquay-Varina Food Pantry
*Annual donation to the Fuquay-Varina High School Chorus; a talented group of young men and women who traditionally perform at the club’s
Christmas holiday party
*Promote and support F-V Community Market in their establishment efforts
- 2015 GCNC Awards: Cape Fear Most Outstanding Garden Tour- 2nd Place
- 2014 GCNC Awards:
- First Place: Public School Beautification, Jenene Curtis Smith Bird Award, Conservation Award & Preservation Award, Margie O'Keeffe Award for Litter Control
- 2014 Second Place: Durham Council of Garden Clubs Website Award
- 2013 Garden Club of North Carolina Most Outstanding Garden Tour- 1st Place
- 2013 Garden Club of North Carolina Yearbook Award- 3rd Place
- 2012 F-V Garden Club NC State Fair - "Imagine That" Blue Ribbon Winner!
Every other year the Fuquay-Varina Garden Club sponsors a tour of area gardens, typically the first weekend after the Labor Day holiday.
2016: We held a Sculpture Fundraiser at Ashley's Art Gallery and will hold a Scholarship Fundraiser September 10th at The Garden Hut.
The 2015 Tour received approximately 190 visitors in two days.
The 2014 Garden Tea Party was a huge success with over 100 attendees who participated in a social event full of food, music, yard games, beautiful gardens, and a raffle.